1. Construction, conversion and repair of vessels
- Harbour barges
- Transport pontoons for harbour operators
- Industry for mobile ballast water treatment systems (IMO Convention)
2. On-Voyage repair services (worldwide)
- For several decades, the Theodor Buschmann shipyard has had mobile and flexible repair crews, who are available at short notice for emergency
repairs at any place in the world.
- We have extensive experience in this field and are able to reference many successfully completed projects.
- As soon as we receive a request, we will pull out all the stops to organise all necessary repair works within the planned laytime, and prepare an
attractive quote. After assignment, we will coordinate all travel arrangements and carry out the repair promptly, always meeting the time
schedule and quality offered.
- Mobile equipment and feasible prefabrications help our repair crews perform their tasks at highest quality – under even the most difficult conditions.
- In addition to our own mobile repair crews, we leverage our international network of subcontractors and OEMs that we have established over the
decades. Throughout the world, we offer both underwater inspection and underwater repair (steel damages by habitat).
-This close-meshed network allows us to make seemingly impossible repairs possible – everywhere around the globe, at the highest quality level.
- Ship owners and managers, respectively can benefit from no or significantly reduced unscheduled downtimes, and thus from reduced costs:
the vessel can keep to the schedule without having to dock during normal operating periods. Additionally, we conduct voyage repairs where
there are no or only risky dock capacities.
3. Harbour repair services (worldwide)
Harbour repair services include steelworks to repair typical damages on container cell guides, gangways, hatch covers, railings and loader cranes
caused during unloading and loading as well as damages (holes) in the tank top caused by grabbers.
Additionally, we offer metal works for repairs to deck machinery, anchors/mooring winches, anchor chains, cargo gear, and gangways. By closely
cooperating with OEMs (e.g. Simplex), we are able to carry out works on bow thrusters, shaft seals and propellers.
Our own barges and pontoons offer a high level of mobility allowing us to flexibly and rapidly exchange or repair anchors and chains.
Our harbour repair services also include change of vessel names and logos and the installation of IMO numbers.
In case it is not desired or possible to trim the vessel in the roadstead or harbour for load reasons, we carry out repairs below the line of flotation with
professional, certified and international industrial diving companies. The selected repair process depends on local conditions and customer
Hence, we are generally able to perform virtually every repair to vessels above and below the line of flotation.
We always endeavour to carry out all necessary repairs during laytime. If this is not possible, we offer that the repair crew remains aboard until the
works are completed. In the next harbour, our employees leave the vessel to return home by train or plane.
“Impossible” is not at an option for us. Hence, we cover all typical steelworks and metal works to repair damages caused during
loading and unloading.
We are available 24/7 to support you with professional advice and inspection. Our primary concern is to provide you with efficient, prompt and
4. Onshore and offshore construction
- Onshore and offshore steel construction in accordance with DIN 18800
- Construction and reconstruction of hydraulic engineering equipment such as dredgers, hammers and elevating platforms
- Repair of harbour facilities and bridge constructions
steel and metal works
Copyright Theodor Buschmann GmbH & Co. KG © 2016 Disclaimer & Intellectual Property Statement
Impressions of current shipyard activities, employees in action, and reference projects.
In addition to the construction and repair of vessels at our yard, we are specialised in worldwide voyage and harbour repairs and the maintenance of onshore and offshore constructions.
Our shipyard is certified in accordance to DIN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN 18800 and is in possession of modern, well maintained facilities and a committed, highly skilled crew.
On 21 June 1882, Johann Thomas Theodor Buschmann, a shipbuilder from Hamburg, founded the Theodor Buschmann shipyard.